Thursday, June 28, 2007

I was your teacher!!!!

Tonight I shed some tears... some for the joy of a group of students making it through their high school education to graduation... and some at the thought that, "if THEY are graduating, that makes me just that much older!!!" And to think that Scotty will be starting kindergarten in just over a year, and 12 years after that he will be graduating... Oh it's going too fast!

My first "kids" graduated tonight. When I moved away from home/family in '99 I came here to teach a grade 5 class of 26 kids. They were an awesome class. Tonight they graduated. Utterly unbelievable. Only 10 of my original kids were in this class, although, the class was obviously a lot bigger than that!! Some left when they were done elementary school for other schools, and some moved away.

After the ceremony, I was invited back to Jesse's house (one of the grads) for scrumptious cake and refreshments with his family and friends. Imagine the old grade 5 teacher being included in that! Thanks guys! Here I am with Jesse... he sure wasn't this tall in grade 5 :) Congratulations all the Grads
of 2007!!!!

2 comments:

Louise said...

Yep - I guess that would be a weird feeling! We are getting old - I think that everytime I see the "kids" I counselled at camp over the years... now married with kids of their own! THen I think of all the people that knew us as babies... they must feel like fossils eh!? KIDDING :)

Grammie said...

Life's rewards eh!