Monday, July 16, 2007

Reba Review...

When we got home last night there was a message on my answering machine... at first I thought it was from the video store or someone leaving me a "friendly reminder." The sweet voice said, "Hello, this is just a friendly reminder...." then I knew exactly who it was... the message went on... "a friendly reminder that I'm going to see Reba McEntire tonight, and I have great seats. Just want to let you know that I'm going to have a great time and I hope you're not too jealous." Well, I was. I know, I shouldn't be jealous of my sister going to see my favourite singer..... But Reba was so close to me on Friday... just a mere 2 hour drive away at the Merritt Mountain Music Festival and we couldn't go.

I love Reba. Her link is on my blog. I go there often. I am going to sing with Reba one day. Hey, if Kelly Clarkson can do it... so can I. Reba doesn't know it yet, but I am her future duet partner. I have over 20 Reba albums. Yep, I do! So, can you begin to see how a concert like that was something that I should have been at!

I know Elise will appreciate this because it was with her in '97 that I got to see Reba live. The one and only time I've seen her live in concert.

Here's a picture that Louise took at the concert. What a great shot! For Louise's write-up and more awesome pics, check this out...

5 comments:

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alexa said...

What an amazing picture!!
I'm sorry that you didn't get to see her in Merritt... we were there friday night, not at he concert, just passing through.

Elise said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! So jealous!! I am going to go read Louise's blog right now!! How great! And I think we really need to do something about you singing with Reba...it MUST happen! She just doesn't know how INCREDIBLE the two of you will sound together...hmmm...what can we do about this...

Louise said...

Yep - it was a good time :) So ten years has gone by since you last saw her!? Your upcoming stamp classes look good too...

Anonymous said...

Have you seen "The Fox and the Hound II"??? As a Reba fan you must! It was pretty cute.

~ Chelsey