Saturday, July 28, 2007

Room Decor

I have had these letters for Elise's room for the longest time. They have been sitting undecorated on her bedroom shelf. I finally got around to finishing them with "Flowers for you" paper and a bunch of SU! chipboard. Each letter has a bit of stamping on it as well. And I have used grosgrain ribbon and some buttons and rhinestone brads for accents. It will have to wait until the morning to see how they look in her room.... not worth waking the baby to satisfy my curiosity!!! She would wake up and want to see, too, and then want to stay up and play. No thanks! She has been a bit of a crankster lately anyway, and yesterday I discovered why... one of her molars has come in! I think she is about a year early for that, oh well.... some orajel solved the problem yesterday :) (side note: Have you ever tried orajel? It really works! I had a bit left on my finger the first time I put it on her gums and I thought, "Hmmm, I wonder what this stuff tastes like?" So, I put it on my tongue... dumb move - I couldn't feel my tongue for hours!!!)

4 comments:

deWoldeDaily said...

Love what you did with the letters for her room! Where did you find them? I have looked for large letters like that but haven't been able to find any.

Heather said...

I love Elise's letters! You did a great job. I once taste some baby stuff when my DD was an infant and it had a nasty taste, but it didn't seem to bother her!

Sarah said...

The orajel was grape flavoured, I think, so it tasted ok, but sure was powerful... like the stuff the dentist uses to numb your gums before they stick in the big needle to freeze for a filling.

The letters are from Michaels and I think I paid around $3.99 (Canadian) each for them, but probably used a coupon and got them on more than one occasion. They were fun to make!

Amy said...

Those are great. Zoe has plain white ones too, just sitting in her room. A friend painted some ceramic letters for her birthday and I need to get them hung. Is it too much to have her name twice in her room? You did a great job. I've debated on leaving her white because her room is busy with color or to cover them. hmmm...