Friday, July 27, 2007

Singing in Heaven

On July 1st we had a new music Pastor start at our church. And for 3 weeks he led in worship and we barely got to know him, but it was great to have him lead. A week ago today he was killed in a vehicle accident on his way to Calgary. Today was the funeral and I was reminded how precious life is. Nate was only 24 years old. He has left behind a grieving family, but rejoicing that Nate is in Heaven with Jesus. At the funeral some friends and family played in the band and led in worship. One song they sang was written by Nate. He had started the song on July 19th, the day before he died. Here are the words that were written on the bulletin.

This is the Way
You're bringing me back from death to life,
Drawing me near unto your throne,
holding my hand as I journey home...

(there was much more to the song, but these are the only lyrics I have)

What a beautiful service and celebration of a life well lived. I know that he heard these words, "Well done my good and faithful servant," when he entered Heaven's Gates last week. I made a card for Nate's wife Rosanna and one for his parents who we know best out of all the family, but I forgot to take pictures of them to share here. So I will share a picture of Nate and Rosanna.



If you remember, please pray for Rosanna and for the whole family as they have to move on without Nate. Someone said they could picture Nate leading the angels in singing as they all worship God together. That is a beautiful picture, and knowing how he loved to worship with his guitar in hand, I believe he is singing in heaven right now!

3 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

how horribly sad :(

Anonymous said...

So Tragic. My thoughts and Prayers are with the her and the family.

Grammie said...

Well said...