Monday, April 02, 2007

Scrapbooking Club night

Tonight I had my Scrapbooking Club here. It was so much fun. We had Jason Brown from Revival Arts Studio here as our special guest. Jason went through all the different aspects of photography, and how to capture a perfect picture using the light source available. Wow - what a lot of great information he gave us. Check out his amazing gift of photography at his blog or website. Everyone brought their cameras and we were able to ask Jason technical questions about the millions of buttons on each camera that have unknown functions to us! Thanks for everything Jason!

Here is the page map I came up with. (click on any pics you want to see bigger)


This is a double 12X12 spread. We used So Saffron, Rose Red and Brocade Blue as our colours, and a few people added Always Artichoke leaves and brads for an extra accent colour. The sets used were Headline Alphabet, Warm Words (which is on sale right now!!!) and all the Doodle sets from the Spring Mini Catalogue.



Once you have a layout, or a map, you can use that same idea with many different colour combinations and themes, and come up with a completely different look. Here is the same layout, but with the "I'm Here - Girl" Simply Scrappin' kit. All the same page elements are there if you follow the map, but it looks like a very different spread.

5 comments:

alexa said...

I'm sad that I didn't sign up for this group, it looks like a great class. If it works out, i will HAVE to join your next one. Thanks for sharing your layouts... I will have to try one later today.

Louise said...

Looks good - you must have just been working on this post b/c the first time I was "here" it wouldn't show layouts, just the writing! It's trying to snow here today & is back into the - degrees again :(

Leanne said...

Great layouts and I love the colors you used. So fun to have a photographer there!!! I've been admiring his work for a while now! Wish I could've been there... looked like fun!

Jen S. said...

Yea, that's a great layout. (Alexa, I see you are commenting on lots of blogs BEFORE I am! LOL)
I loved the sneak-peek we got at the card class last week and so now I have this to duplicate it for my scrapbook. Thanks for sharing!
And wow, that is awesome that Revival Arts came to the class. :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

beautiful pages!