Saturday, April 21, 2007

No Camera.....

I am sad to report that I will be without a digital camera for approx. 6-8 weeks. "gasp! what will I dooooo??!" Last Friday as I was packing to go to our church ladies Retreat, I turned the camera on to delete some pics... worked fine. About an hour later while I was in town to drop off some stamping orders, I turned the camera on to check the time (you know... take a pic then check the display and it will tell you the time you took the pic!!! I don't wear a watch :) And to my horror, there was nothing but a picture of a broken/cracked flower. This same image appeared whether I put it on picture taking mode, or viewing mode. So sad :( I was, however, still able to take pics and upload them to my computer, and that all worked fine. So I still took the camera to the Retreat and took pics... hmm, maybe I'll have to share some of THOSE pics on here!!!!!!

The next part of the story is that we couldn't find the receipt... so, we dug out the M/C bill and got the date and amount of the bill and I was able to take it back to the store and they had no problem taking the camera back and sending it off for fixing because it is still totally under warranty. I am really hoping that the 6-8 week time frame is the worst possible scenario and that they will call me in a week or so and tell me my camera is ready! So I bought batteries for my other camera and will probably go through a couple rolls (ok, most likely more!!!!) before I get the digi back!

Anyway, I am already thinking of ways to get pics on my posts, so hopefully there will still be something to see here. Our printer is about to give up, so I might just see about replacing it with a scanner/printer/fax, or whatever the combo is... anyone have experience with those multiple use machines? tips?

No comments: