Monday, December 18, 2006

Take a Walk Through Bethlehem


One of my favourite Christmas albums is Trisha Yearwood "The Sweetest Gift." She has a song on that CD called Take a Walk Through Bethlehem and I think it captures the true feelings of Christmas. Even though we have created so much hussle and bussle in our lives - especially at Christmas, we still long for the peace that comes only in realizing that Jesus is and was and always will be the only true meaning of Christmas. "Every heart longs for more than tinsel, something more than just a holiday."

Take a walk through Bethlehem
Come and kneel before the lamb
Good news for every man
Walk through Bethlehem




I hope you are getting into the Christmas spirit. Not the one that tells you that you have to have a gift for everyone you know, but the one that lets you see Christmas for its wonder and peace.

Christmas is my absolute favourite time of year! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Rachel H. said...

Awesome post - absolutely true! (And I completely agree about your comment on mine.....except Darrell is busy busting out walls and tiling my kitchen floor so it's a bit hard to be mad at him! If he were a couch potato it would be easier - I could at least demand he helps with getting the house 'realtor ready')