Sunday, March 29, 2009

Where's the FIRE!?!!!

I don't think this firetruck would be much good at putting out the flames, but it was still a hit at Scotty's 6th birthday party, yesterday. Party pics to follow, but I just wanted to share a few pics of the cake!!




The Playmobil Fireman that we got Scott on his birthday came in pretty handy as props around the cake!!

I used red string licorice wound up to make the firehoses.


I had a new flashing Canada Flag pin, so I thought it would nicely complete the cake as the firetruck lights! A #6 candle sat in the bucket on top of the cake for Scotty to blow out... (you'll see that in a later post).

5 comments:

katemade designs said...

Brilliant. What a lucky boy that has a mom that will make him such a great cake. Good to see you found the right Red because you are right, a pink fire truck just won't work.

Patti said...

WOW!!! You did a fabulous job Sarah. That is an incredible fire truck, kinda makes you not want to eat it LOL!

alexa said...

AMAZING Sarah!! You did an awesome job... can I hire you this summer LOL

Jen S. said...

SWEET!!!! Awesome cake Sarah!!

cheryl said...

Wow, Sarah! That is amazing!