Monday, March 23, 2009

Mudbath, Anyone?

While at my parents' house, last week, the kids found a tiny little mud puddle that just kept on giving... it was a beautiful, sunny day, so a trip outside was a perfect idea. Then my oldest convinced my youngest that they should jump in this mud puddle. It seemed like a small, uninviting little puddle to me, but to a boy that was newly 6 and a girl that is 2 1/2, it was perfect for what they called their "mudbath." And that is exactly what it looked like they had done... looks tempting, eh?!

Have you seen Slumdog Millionaire? Well, this is nothing compared to a certain scene from that movie!!!



Yes, her beautiful jacket came perfectly clean... I washed it even before the mud had a chance to start drying. Her pants were already stained playpants, but they started out a light pink!

Todd is yelling, "Scotty, don't touch me!!!"

While I washed the mud out of their clothes (Todd barely got any on him... he was a bit disgusted by the whole thing) my mom gave the kids a much needed bath (with water, not mud!).

4 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

lol Sarah! love it!

Katie and Scott said...

That's awesome!! What a great blog experience -and they looked like they had SO much fun...thanks, Sarah.

deWoldeDaily said...

That is great!! Sometimes wash is worth doing! Good pictures too - they have 'scrapbook page' written all over them!

Anonymous said...

Todd did not enjoy that game
at all.g