Thursday, May 03, 2007

Page Redone

Usually in scrapbooking, I tell people not to go back and redo pages that they have done in the past. There are enough new pics to get scrapbooked, and our abilities and tastes change and improve over time, so going back and changing what you did in years' past is really a time consuming process. You will be forever changing your pages if they have to be what you like "right now."

So, this said, I have a different style of scrapbooking than I did when I started books for Scott 4 years ago to Elise's book that obviously only started this past summer. And a much different style than when I scrapbooked on a really tight budget in my university days and my early teaching days.

There is, however, ONE page that I allowed myself to change. It was in Scott's book from the very beginning. I loved the theme "A Few of my Favourite Things." But from the first picture I set down I hated the layout and colours... so, I never finished the page. I just left it and went on to the next page. For 4 years this page was unfinished and ugly in Scott's book. So last week I FINALLY changed up the layout, added designer paper and some embellishments from a simply scrappin' kit. And now I like looking through his book again!

Here is the revised double layout (sorry, I didn't even take a picture of the old one to show you... that page is destroyed! Same pictures are used, though.)

click on picture to see it larger

No comments: