Monday, May 28, 2007

Have you scrapbooked today??

I have!! Just one 12 X 12 page to finish a layout I started as a demonstration at a workshop. But hey, that's 5 more pictures out of the box and into the book! Did you know that May is National Scrapbooking month? I think there is a specific Scrapbooking DAY, but I like the idea of celebrating it all month... My birthday is in May as well, and when my cousin Silja sent me birthday greetings from England she said "Happy Birthmonth!" It is a tradition of her family to celebrate not just the day of your birth, but the entire month.. hey - it works for me!!!

So, in honour of this month (and with only a few days to spare) here is a scrapbooking poem to share with you by Kimberly Rinehart....

A Scrapbooker's Verse

We gather up pictures
and bits of our past
and srapbook them into
a gift that will last.

We write about milestones
and travels and such-
the times of our lives
that we treasure so much.

A few special photos,
A Family Tree,
A few thoughtful words
and soon we will see...

This album we've made
is much more than a book.
It's worth even more
than the time that it took.

It's a gift holding memories
and made with great care
by hearts and hands
with love to share.

-Kimberly Rinehart

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Hi Sarah. In response to your commenton my blog. I love Sarah Richardson's style from HGTV. Soft blues and greens, and sort of shabby chic decor. See ya