Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Online again at LAST!

Have you ever been offline for an extended period of time, not at your own choosing? We just experienced 6 LONG days of no computer. Do you KNOW what that means? That means....

- no blogging,
- no email,
- no sharing digi pics
- no google....
- the list goes on.

I realized in the last few days how much we use our computer. And we didn't end up watching more TV because we still just have rabbit ears, so TV's not a big draw. And I was almost in a panic on Saturday night when I was trying to find the address of the place I was supposed to be for a meeting... but it was in an EMAIL, so I obviously couldn't retrieve it. I couldn't even GOOGLE MAP it, or look up the phone number on Canada 411.

But I think the saddest part of no computer is that I missed hearing firsthand of the birth of my friend Tricia's baby. I couldn't see his pictures until TODAY, and he was born on Sunday.

But it's definitely not all bad. Although, Steve has a job that requires 7 hours a day in front of the computer, so... he got some unwanted time off! He got to sleep in until 7 (normally up at 5:30) and help build our kids' play fort. We got a new computer that is apparently going to be faster, and all the old files that we never get around to deleting, are now deleted for us!! So... always look at the bright side of things!

We are also very thankful that the computer guys were able to put all our pics from the old computer onto the new one! That was a concern of mine.

Happy to be back online! This is a pic from a few months ago when Steve took the computer apart for a different problem.

2 comments:

Grammie said...

Three heads are better than one?

Sarah said...

no kidding! the boys were very "helpful!!!" maybe that's why our computer stopped working!