Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bye Papa!

After spending the last 9 days with us, Papa is going home today. The boys are so sad to see him go (do you think Papa would notice if I put the boys' carseats in the backseat of his truck and sent them home with him for say - a week... or three??) My dad (Papa to my kids, "Dad" to me) has been helping us finish our basement, and it looks fabulous!! I have been taking a ton of pictures and at some point I will share all the stuff that has been accomplished. A total transformation of the basement - so exciting!! (but it's not finished quite yet) Thanks Dad - you can be the first one to sleep in the guest room that you built!!!!

Scott and Todd love it when Papa reads to them!

3 comments:

Hilda said...

What a beautiful picture! Seeing that makes me really miss my dad! Cherish the time you and your children have with your parents!

Tricia said...

did you say guest room? maybe I'll book a night for aug. 25.

alexa said...

I thought the same thing yesterday when i was reading this post. Makes me miss my dad too. and the sadness at the relationship my kids will never share with him :( You are blessed to have such wonderful parents (including inlaws).