Thursday, May 31, 2007

Barn Window Frame

I spent the morning getting this barn window all spruced up to be a picture frame. The window is from an old barn we tore down on our property several years ago. We sold that farm last year.


The other day I took the glass out, and only broke one old pane. Today I cleaned it a bit and put new glass in it. Each pane is exactly 8X10, so when we had Jason at Revival Arts Studio take our pictures last month, I ordered these with the barn window in mind to create a collage.


I like how it turned out, and once we get some hangers on the back of it I will put it in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs (also the entry way in our house). On the same wall I will hang a piece of handwork done by my grandma (Mormor) that is framed in some wood from their old barn that was on their farm in Ontario.

5 comments:

Jill aka neeuqpmats said...

Love it!! I have seen similar older barn window frames that are always intriguing but have never thought to put photos in. Your new family photos are beautiful. I am sure they will look so nice in the entry way of your home. whoo hoo!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

fantastic! have wanted to do something similar too

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

What a neat idea! Very creative!

Grammie said...

Very nice...love Elise's expression
in her single...I guess my 6 frame
will be for "boys" and Elise will be a single

Jen S. said...

That is so cool, love it! Hope it's hanging by July 9th!