Thursday, March 31, 2011

Playing Catch-up!

I don't know how it happened, but I didn't blog on Scott's birthday. He turned 8 on March 12th, and that was the day we headed over to Grammie and Papa's.

Here are the kids on a BC Ferry, heading to the Island for Spring Break. By the look of this photo, you'd think the ocean was new to them, but it's not... I totally get why this view is so captivating, though, it is one of my favourite things to look at - the wide open ocean!

When we got to my parents', we had a DQ ice cream cake for the birthday boy... they are the best cakes!!

The day before Scott's birthday, we went to our favourite family restaurant - Red Robin. The boys each got their free birthday meal postcard in the mail, and so we went out to celebrate!

In the next 2 pictures the boys are both SEVEN :) Every year, for 2 weeks, I have the special honour of being the mom to two boys that are the same age. Some people say we are crazy to have had them so close together (on purpose) but I would not change it if I had it to do over... these 2 boys are best friends, and even though they fight sometimes, they are always there for each other. I know they'll be life long buddies!


ps- if Darcie happens to read this... I've already had all these photos printed :)

No comments: