Thursday, August 30, 2007

Family Happenings

This is my 300th post. Wow. Just did blog candy, so I don't have anything more right now... maybe at 400, or at more hits... I actually just do it whenever I feel the urge.

Here are a couple family happenings shots. First, Steve and the boys coming out of Home Depot with our fence stain.


Steve staining the fence - inspired by the great job the neighbour did on his fence, so we even got the exact same stain.


With the basement playroom all set to go, we went to Ikea and got some toy organizers, and hauled all the toys from the small main floor playroom downstairs, and Elise is getting the small playroom with just baby-safe toys, and all the little people stuff that we have.

Scott left Elise with a parting gift in the playroom, as he graduates to the new, bigger playroom downstairs - a life-sized self-portrait on the wall. Hmm... where did that purple crayon come from? I guess I could get out the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, but on second thought, I think I will leave it on the wall. It's a playroom, and although I would prefer Scott to draw on paper or on the Magnadoodle, it's kind of cute (don't worry, I won't tell him that I like it). He was sleeping when we discovered it, so I haven't even talked to him about it yet. He has only ever drawn on the wall in hidden places in the house... wall beside his dresser, wall beside MY dresser, around the corner in the playroom, etc. And thankfully, as far as I know, he has never drawn on the wall at anyone else's house... but he usually signs his name, so you would know. Not very inconspicuous! Maybe next time we go to Ikea I will actually get him that art easle that we saw there. But Steve said he doesn't ever want to go to Ikea again.... we'll see!

Elise is a little more interested in tearing things apart than setting them up.

3 comments:

deWoldeDaily said...

Would love to see a picture of your newly finished basement with all the toy organizers!! I'm sure your kids will have hours of fun down there!

Jen G. said...

Off topic....what is blog candy? I'm still a newbie!
Gary and I had to laugh that Scott signs his name when he draws on things!! Busted!
What a sweetie :)
Oh, and drove by yesterday--nice fence ;)

Deborah said...

Oh she's gorgeous~!!