Monday, August 13, 2007

Adventures in Swimming Lessons

For the next 2 weeks I get to go on a double date with my 2 boys to the swimming pool every day! Today was the first lesson. I thought Todd would be the brave one, and he was for awhile... he stepped into the water first, wore the biggest smile, etc. But after about 20 minutes of the 30 minute lesson he just said he was DONE. He refused to go back in the water. Scotty definitely had a better lesson today than Todd did. Scott let the teacher lead him around the water on his front and back, and even jumped in the water from the side of the pool. I think he might have been trying to impress the little girl in his swim class... she has already taken swimming lessons this summer so she was the bravest of all.

But with the thought in their heads that it will be impossible to ever go to Duck Island when they are older without learning how to swim, I think I can get him in the pool again tomorrow!!! There are only 3 kids in their class, so it is a great size for learning how to swim. (Duck Island is the Disneyworld waterpark... I think! they've been talking about it for weeks after watching a Disney promo dvd that we got for free....) edit: Louise commented that she's never heard of Duck Island, so guess they got it somewhere else... when I figure out where it is, I just might take my kids there - you never know what is going on inside the mind of a 3 year old!!



2 comments:

Louise said...

Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach are the Disney World Waterparks... maybe Disneyland? Or maybe Duck Island is within one of these parks? I've never heard of it! Hope you get there someday :)

Just signed Ethan up for swimming lessons, Sept 4 till Oct 30 - that way he'll be done before our trip in Nov, but I'm hoping he doesn't miss anything due to baby! Touch n' go!

Desirée said...

I have tagged you to ;) Come to me and see *hihihi*