Thursday, January 18, 2007

Stamping on Walls....

Have you ever started a craft project with your children only to wonder why you dared? I did that today.... I got Scott and Todd to put their hand prints on the wall in their favourite colours. When we moved into this house we asked the boys what colour they wanted their room. Todd said blue, Scott said orange. I actually didn't intend on painting the walls, but I was thinking more of curtains, bedspread, accessories, etc. Then a friend said, "why not get them to put their hands in paint and leave their prints on the wall?" Great idea! Question... "Rhonda, have you actually tried that with a 2 yr old and a 3 yr old?" Anyway, as you can see from the pics, the boys had a hoot... and I have a headache! Kidding. They were so fun to watch, and they got 2 baths out of the deal because in the first one the water went a mucky orange colour. So I said that we were going to get new water, and Todd asked, "can it be BLUE this time?" Nooooooooo!!!!!! Enjoy the pics. I won't be doing their feet :)





3 comments:

Suzette said...

So funny! But what a memory!

Louise said...

You actually left their pants on? When Ethan painted his room Blueberry Bud - there was no carpet in yet and he only wore a pullup! Looks like they had fun :)

KerrySchwen said...

WOW! Not sure how I missed this post but all I have to say is you're a brave woman!!! Looks like they had fun and the handprints are amazingly clear for them being so young!!! What a great memory and they'll enjoy putting their hands over the print in years to come!
Kerry