Friday, August 19, 2011

Trip of a lifetime...

I am home. My mom and I had such an amazing trip to Norway, and we are safely home again now. Thanks mom, for a great trip! Tusen Takk to all the people who we met and stayed with and ate with and laughed with in Norway. Thank you so much for making our trip one to remember for always.

Over the next while, I will post pictures and stories from our trip. I took 2361 pictures, so I promise I won't show them all, but I will share some of them!!

We met so many great people, and so many relatives. I think I am possibly related to half of Norway!! Even just while we were standing in the square shopping, we met so many people that were related to us. That was such a different experience. We were introduced to them by another cousin who was with us at the time. She would say, "Oh, here's a cousin of yours" or "this is your grandma's first cousin" etc. I met my uncle for the first time on this trip, and saw many people who have visited us in Canada before. We met 1st, 2nd and 3rd cousins all once or twice removed, as well as great aunts and uncles that I've never met before, and the list goes on!

Everyone was so welcoming, and we felt the hospitality and generosity of everyone constantly. The food was amazing, the sights were unbelievable and the coffee pot never rested!


Food... amazing. This was a welcome cake that my aunt made. It is covered in marzipan, which I happen to love!!


Yummmm.... these little guys were at our welcome party, too!


This was from our early morning flight between Norway and Holland. Loved it that I got a window seat!




Fresh seafood was in abundance. I loved it!




A dip in the North Sea... brrrr... but very refreshing on a hot day, and I got over the coldness of the water pretty quickly.


More pictures to come - thanks for stopping by! Hope you have all been having a great summer so far!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I've been enjoying your pics on facebook... keep 'em coming! What an amazing trip! Welcome home!