Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Bzzzzzzz!

Bees are really in right now. Sounds funny, I know... but they are. They are popular on children's clothing (that's REALLY odd to me, because bees hurt people) home decor, scrapbook pages, stamp sets, purses, etc. They are very striking to look at, but at the same time, when they decide to strike, look out!

Already this summer, a friend of ours got attacked by bees and ended up with 14 stings. The poor guy is going to have a phobia for the rest of his life.

But, back to the image of bees. There is something about black and yellow together that just appeals. here are some bees that I've just left as line art, but they still intrigue me.


I popped a couple cut out bees off the card in this next one. Thought it gave them an illusion of movement. Don't read too much into the red colouring... these are just your regular bees :)

No comments: