Monday, April 19, 2010

The Life of a Tulip

Yesterday, as I was getting ready to head back to church in the afternoon for a meeting, I spotted my beautiful tulips in front of my house. I planted these bulbs a few years ago, and never bothered to dig them up like I think you're supposed to. Since they come back so faithfully every year, I figure, why mess with this kind of beauty?! So, my bulbs stay put in the ground.

Anyway, I grabbed my camera for a few pics, and I am so glad I did... because later in the afternoon, the kids were outside playing, and the doorbell started ringing. I went to the door and there was Scott with a gift. My sweet little boy had picked me a batch of tulips. Very nice, only they were from my front yard and I had hoped they would stay in the front yard. He said, "Mom, I thought we should have these in the house where you could see them and enjoy them more!"

Now, how can you get upset with that? I don't even do anything to take care of these flowers, so why not have them inside where we can all enjoy them?! Bless his heart!




No comments: