Tuesday, December 16, 2008

1-2-3- BUILD!!!

Wow... that's all I can say. 17 little bodies (2 kids were missing today) all building at once, lots of icing, lots of candies, lots and lots of energy! I have to say "hats off" to Scott's kindergarten teacher... she must drink coffee! Today I had the joy of helping in Scott's classroom with the building of gingerbread (graham wafer!) houses. The houses and roofs were already assembled, and the kids had the grand assignment of decorating. When Ms. C noticed that there was still a TON of candy left over, she encouraged each child to stuff their houses FULL of candy as well! There were 6 moms helping out today, and it was fun to get to know a couple of them better, as well.

Here are a few pics of the gingerbread house making process! I do think my son gets the prize for the heaviest house... he used every bit of his icing, and covered every inch (inside and out!) of his house!!!




While some kids went for the patterned and organized look, Scott went for the "mountain-of-candy" effect, and accomplished it beautifully, if I do say so myself!!!! (there is actually a house under all that sugar!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That house was hit by an avalance.
"The winter of the big snow"
g

sonja said...

that's hilarious! i love it. you can't even see the house!
what a great idea for a simple house... never seen that before.

Card Creations said...

These are great pics! I definately think his house is the best hands down!

deWoldeDaily said...

I grew up making those same graham cracker houses every year with my siblings, neices and nephews. I decided to carry on the tradition and am making them tomorrow with my kids and my neices kids! I'm not sure if we'll get quite as many candies on our houses as Scott did!! Yum, Yum!!

Louise said...

Very well loaded! Last week when I went to Jackson's class, we had to bring a milk carton all sized & ready to mount the crackers too. We also brought the royal icing & our own candies! Contrary to your assumption, Jackson put most of his own things on... I would say, "do you want to make a pond, or should we do a path or a fence etc but he did most of it - I did the front hedge & walkway (the slate and gummy bear hedge!) We also had a 1-1 ratio where every kid had an adult with them & it was a together project! It was fun - glad you got to do the same :)