Friday, October 03, 2008

Around the house...

I have added a couple more vinyl decor elements pieces to my walls. Over the doorway that leads into our Great Room area, I put up "Welcome."


And in my stamping room, above the window, I finally put up my "Create" definition. That is the very first vinyl product that I bought, and I have only just put it up now. It took me awhile to figure out where to put it in my stamping room, and finally decided on this spot above the window. As long as this is being used for my stamping space, and not a bedroom, I don't plan on putting up curtains or blinds, so that can be my focal point for the window! It is one of the few windows in the house where I don't look out onto another house, so I love leaving it uncovered.


One note about putting up a large vinyl element... it is a good idea to grab a helper to put this up - I did it by myself, but I think it would have gone a lot faster if I had had some help. I had a clear table and as I pulled the backing off, I taped the main piece down every few inches so that when the backing was completely off it wouldn't spring back and fold over on itself. If that happens, there is not much you can do to save it because it is so sticky.

2 comments:

Andy said...

great job Sarah...I've been thinking about doing a few of these around the house and it's nice to see them up and displayed!

QuiltNut Creations said...

those are fabulous! love the defenition