Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Playroom pics

Awhile ago I mentioned that we had made a playroom for the boys downstairs (basically I should say "my dad and Steve" made a playroom downstairs... I helped with the smallest bit of baseboard painting, and some cutting in here and there)... Here are some pics of what it looks like. The boys spend lots of time down there, and Elise can play down there if Steve or I am with her, and if we aren't... she can play in her playpen and watch her brothers. She loves it! The blue paint on the wall was created by adding a bit of this and a bit of that... so we just call it "Playroom Blue!" And the brown was a second try, the first one I brought home was too green, so Steve asked me to try again. I didn't really mind the first colour, but that was before we created the blue paint that butts up to it... the brown is way better, and ties in with the tiles in the hallway really well, too.
Table and chairs... colouring happens upstairs in the kitchen... supervised..... they aren't allowed crayons in the new playroom, but there is a display string on the wall with mini clothes pins to hang their artwork on. They love having a play table to drive cars on, or use their magnadoodle.
Nice picture, Todd :)

The mural on the wall is one I painted for Scott for his first b-day party which was a zoo theme. It is just on muslin material so I can hang it anywhere. The colourful storage unit was an IKEA purchase. I still need to weed through their toys at some point to get rid of anything broken, and to match up sets better, but the boys are getting pretty good at keeping their playroom clean when they are done... helps to have a place for everything!
I LOVE this carpet... we are so tempted to put this cozy stuff throughout the house wherever there is carpet already, but the other stuff isn't that old... but it's not that nice, either.
Elise's domain... the boys know that only her toys are allowed in there. But usually she is up in her own playroom which is the Little People land off the living room, or just roaming on the main floor by me... she does love playing with her brothers, though! Soon I am sure it will turn into "bugging her brothers!"

4 comments:

Karis said...

The room looks awesome!! So nice that you can have a seperate for all the 'crap'!

Jen G. said...

Very nice space for them--I love the mural, I didn't know you painted, too! Lucky kids to have such a creative mom :)

Jen S. said...

you painted that mural?! Wow, Sarah, what talent!! Cool!

Anonymous said...

Great mural Sarah...I know you're crazy busy with your kids but it's nice to see you still squeeze time in to be creative...what a gal! Guess what Tricia "volunteered" me to do while she was visiting up here?...paint a mural for my "dog mushing, pregnant friend" in her little bitty cabin..course, Heather jumped right on that....wish I had Tricia and you up here to help me!