Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Timeless Friendships

I am sure that most of you know exactly what I mean by "timeless friendships..." Time doesn't get in the way. If you see the person all the time or only every few years, it doesn't matter - the conversation just picks up from where you have left off. Sure, there are the emails in between, and blogs to read to stay on top of what's going on in each others' lives, but the distance in miles does not cause a distance between you.

Anyway, before I get too sappy, I have several friends like this, and two of them are Karis and Karen. Karen and I live in the same city, but we still only see each other about 3-4 times a year. Karis moved away a few years ago, and every so often Karen and I will take a roadtrip down to see her in the States. The last time we went to visit her was July 19th, 2005 (exactly one year before Elise was born). So it has been a year and a half, but it seems like just a few weeks.

Karen and I had a bit of a wait at the border, (didn't factor in Spring Break traffic) so we got some good catch-up time as well. And then when the 3 of us were together (And Karis' baby Jase got in on the girls' day too!!) we had such a hoot shopping at the Seattle outlet mall, eating fudge (hey, how did that woman sucker us into getting 3 pieces of larger than life fudge? And how did you end up paying for the lot of it, Karis? Treats are on me next time), and of course - Jelly Bellies from Costco (watch out traffic.... Karis doesn't like the popcorn flavour, and Karen's not too fond of coffee, so those ones are comin' out the window!)

Thanks girls for a super fun day! Hopefully we can make this get together happen more often. But if not, I know we'll be able to pick up where we left off, and have a great time together. (If you want to read a fun take on the day, check out Karen's blog for more pics and the point form version!)


While I was down in the States, I thought it would be a good idea to get my entry in the mail for the SU! Artisan Contest. I debated forever on whether or not to even enter... so much stuff that you work on that you will never see again (unless you win, and then it will be in the SU! magazine). For this contest you had to make 3 scrapbook pages, 2 3-D items, and 5 cards. So I finished these on Monday morning (in the wee hours) and got the box mailed from WA state (saved me a bundle on postage, too! And they said it would get there by Friday... bonus! It would much longer if I mailed it from Canada... Destination Utah)
Here's Elise in the cute little outfit I bought her yesterday from the Children's Place outlet store. That is the only thing I bought yesterday. Some of the kids' clothes were so cheap. Like these tights were 49cents, and this cute shirt and skirt were $3.99 each. There were the coolest pants for Elise there too, and I had them in my pile to buy, but they got the thumbs down from both Karen and Karis... they said they were a bit ugly - crazy colours. So even though they were only a $1.99, I put them back on the rack.

4 comments:

bellinibellini said...

what a cute outfit! elise, you can thank us later for the potential fashion accident that was averted! (just kidding - they weren't THAT bad... they weren't floral!)

Grammie said...

So cute...Are we coming over this
wknd? Scott said he hasn't seen us
in a "Long week"...I think it is
more like 2 months...:)

Louise said...

Looks like fun! Cute outfit for Elise - yes it would be a good pic to send into Robeez with those cute Mary Jane's!

alexa said...

Children's Place outlet... my favorite place, too bad they don't have them up here. I got dani's easter dress there (2 years ago for this year) off their 99c rack!! can't go wrong with that.