Friday, January 22, 2010

Tea for Six, please!

There are six of us that get together on a fairly regular basis for lunch. We have called ourselves "The Ladies Who Lunch." (Lunch Ladies just sounded a bit too cafeteria-ish!!) These gals have become really special friends, and we always share lots of laughs together. I think food just tastes better when you're in good company!

This week we returned to a favourite spot, the quaint "Apeldoorn's" in Chilliwack. Lovely little place (I'm allowed to talk like this because I'm referring to a tea house!).

(l-r) Jill, Me, Andrea, Rhonda, Cindy (holding Andrew - our token male :) and Madelyn is taking the picture.

My tea choice was "Creamy Vanilla" and I must say it was delicious!

I love all the different tea cup and tea pot patterns.

I had a ham and swiss cheese sandwich on sourdough bread... yum! Steve was surprised I picked ham. I like ham. I like swiss cheese. It was a good combination!

And this little number finished it all off for me just right. Pineapple cake. I had to go home and make some sort of pineapple cake after this - so I just made a very simple pineapple upsidedown cake when I got home, and shared some of my teatime joy with my family! But I will be getting some ingredients to make this treat... soon!!

They still had their Christmas decorations out, and these little guys reminded me of the Stampin' Up! stamp called "Dasher." I want to find some to add to my Christmas collection!

1 comment:

Louise said...

looks like fun again, as always :) great tea pot pictures