Monday, January 14, 2008

On the last day of the year....

On Dec. 31/07 Steve and I took off for a bit and left the kiddos with my parents. We had been able to get away for 2 nights the week before for our anniversary (see the pic on the side), but it was so nice to have little getaways during the rest of the 2 weeks in Victoria as well.

On the last day of the year we walked partway around Elk and Beaver Lakes. Here are a few shots that I love.....






On Dec. 30, Todd burnt his hand on my dad's woodstove... I took this picture on the 31st. We are so thankful that it wasn't worse... the kids never go near the stove, but on this day Todd was in his own little world, daydreaming like his mother likes to do, and he happened by the stove and his little hand paid the price. But he is doing great now, and told me the other day that he "took the paper off" his owie hand... meaning that the dead skin from over the blister that was falling off.

Here's what he did when I asked him to show me his hand for a picture...

and his little hand beside Uncle Angus' big hand - look at those blisters.

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

What beautiful photos!! Glad to hear your little ones hand is better...looks nasty! :0)

Leanne said...

Great pictures!