Friday, January 04, 2008

2008 Calendar

For Christmas, I gave my parents a 12X12 calendar that I completed with pics from the past year. Here is the January page.... All of them were done using scrappin' kits, and I am truly amazed at how fast I finished this calendar... don't tell my parents - but 2 days before we left for the island they weren't going to be getting a calendar, then I discovered that I had more than 12 different scrappin' kits to pull from and I thought, "I can do this in a day and a half!!!" And I always have tons of pics, so that wasn't a problem :) I like how it turned out, and surprisingly enough, there is no stamping on the entire calendar!! The Month titles were done on my computer with the Write me a memory journaling cd.



This is the At Home Simply Scrappin' kit (retired... but there is one similar called Home Again that is available)

Here are the pics that are on this calendar page. Both are from July 2007......

While we were visiting my aunt and uncle last summer Todd befriended a raccoon that came by for a little meal, and Todd even read it a little story (through the glass door, of course!!)


This one was taken just before Elise's first b-day - she was opening her gift from Auntie Louise... A dolly that she tasted as soon as she opened it :)

3 comments:

deWoldeDaily said...

Love the calendar idea for a gift for you parents. I'm going to try to remember that for next year. Where did you get the actual calendar? or did you print that on your computer too?

Happy New Year to you all!

Sarah said...

The calendar is in the Stampin' Up! catalogue.... pg. 166 - the one I used is 12X12, but there are 8 1/2 X 11 and 6X6 sizes too... as well as a Birthday calendar that can stay up year after year.

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the calendar