Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Centrepiece Inspiration



Often I see projects in craft magazines where the artist will see some fabric, or some object that inspires her creativity... well, I was recently at Save-On-Foods and I bought some yummy smelling cinnamon candles with cute little silver snowflakes on them. And the same day we were at Walmart and I bought some decorative apples... I put them together for my coffee table and then had an "aha" moment... I could make a card like that! So I chose two different reds (ruby red and bravo burgundy) as well as brushed silver paper, and silver embossing powder and put it together in a card. The silver embossed snowflake on the brushed silver paper is so festive... better in real life.

I can't wait for Christmas!! It is my VERY FAVOURITE time of the year! Plus we were married 3 days before Christmas and spent our first married Christmas on our honeymoon in Cuba... so what's not to like about that! Ah, memories... that was almost 5 years ago.

Anyway... I digress! Thanks for taking a look.
Sarah :)

3 comments:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

What a neat card! I love it when people use different stuff to inspire their card making. I should give it a try sometime. :-)

bellinibellini said...

wow, has it been 5 years already?

Beautifully Mended said...

You are so crafty...I love the gorgeous red apples and could almost smell the cinnamon! It was so great to see you today. You look so beautiful and happy and that darling girl of yours is so sweet. Your blog rocks! Nelia