Friday, September 14, 2012

Things in the Sky

I have found myself looking up a lot lately. There have been so many interesting things to see in the sky! The stars have seemed brighter lately, as we seem to get prolonged summer weather. (I know it is still technically Summer, but it isn't always like this!)

The weekend before school started, we took the kids to their new school to play. While they were running around the field, I spotted a hot air balloon. It was really quite far away...


But, I managed to get a closer shot by zooming in.


More thoughts on the sky... Did you get to see the "Blue Moon"? A Blue Moon is when there are 2 full moons in the same month. That happened in August, and I was able to snag a few cool pictures of the big BIG moon... even though it wasn't really blue! This is apparently not going to happen again until the year 2015.



Then, after playing around with my camera and taking a whole bunch of too-bright and very blurry pictures, I managed to turn the light way down (so just the light reflected from the moon would be there, which means the face of the man on the moon shows up more because it is created by shadows) and hold my hands very still and take this cool shot:

No comments: