Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thoughts and Prayers for Norway

It was with shock and horror that I followed the news stories that came out of Norway yesterday. So many innocent people killed. The hatred of one man affecting the entire nation, the entire world. This is a small nation known for peace and an easy going nature. I love this country, and I haven't even been there... yet.

I remember a report I did in Elementary school. I felt such a strong connection to the country where my mom had been born. I traced the map of the country shaped like a spoon, and talked about fish and potatoes.

May God bless Norway as this country rebuilds a peaceful atmosphere. It will take love, not retaliation, hatred or fear. The following is a borrowed status from my cousin's facebook page:

A young AUF member, in an interview on CNN was asked if
they now wanted to fight terror.
Her response was:
"If one man can show this much hate,
think how much love we can show together."



1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear,
because fear involves punishment,
and the one who fears is not perfected in love.



As my mom and I head to Norway next week, I am sure it will be a somber mood that greets us. But they will not be defeated by this. They will rise strong. The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness cannot overcome it. God is in control. Norway is known for it's peacemaking and the Bible says, "Blessed are the peacemakers."

3 comments:

chenlihsin0226 said...

May the kindness God bless Norway.

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely tribute Sarah...see you soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! g

Priyanka Kapoor said...

hi, nice post dear. the snaps are also lovely. even i want to visit norway after reading ur post.