Monday, June 13, 2011

Bow Bag

While my family was out watching the game tonight, I sat at my sewing machine and finished this bag. I was also watching The Secret Garden, but every 10 minutes, or so, I would run to my computer to check the score. I quickly realized that it is a blessing that Vancouver will have the home ice advantage for game 7.

** Note: if you are in my stampers club, the piano recital that I changed our club night for was moved to tomorrow. Since this only just happened because of the need for game 6, (the teacher figured the turn-out would be low when the Stanley Cup was on the line!) I didn't want to reschedule our club, yet again, to bring it back to the original night. Plus, I was pretty sure that there were at least 2 or 3 of you that would want to be watching the game :) So, we'll meet on the 20th as planned. Thanks for being so flexible! See you next week.

The bag will be a gift for one of my son's grade one teachers. I have to make one more because he has 2 teachers. Not sure if I will do it exactly the same, but I gotta say, I'm pretty proud of how this turned out. There wasn't a pattern, and everything was just eyeballed. I cut straight, of course, because I have a rotary cutter, but the size was by eye. Then, I measured it after it was sewn together so I could make the lining the right size. This bow reminds me of ones my sister and I used to make when we were young. Then we'd put them on hair elastics and wear them in our ponytails. I guess what goes around comes around because they're back in style. And super-duper easy to make, so that was bonus! The bag measures 12.5" X 15", so it's only good for carrying around smallish things, but I figure the teachers could take marking home in them, or bring their lunch to school in these. I'm sure they will find a use for them!


2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

super cute Sarah!! love that bow.

Leanne said...

LOVE