Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I didn't get to posting anything all weekend because we were out of town. Just got back last night from a fun, family-filled weekend with my parents, sister and her family, and my brother. We also got to see my Granny at her Care Home, and 2 of my cousins joined us for Easter Dinner. My kids had a great time playing with their 4 prairie cousins, and the house was a hoppin' with 7 kids aged 7 and under! But it was worth all the noise because the kids really enjoyed each other, and I am so glad we got to see them because our visits are few and far between with us living so far apart.

Here are a few pics of the weekend, for your viewing pleasure!!!

Steve entertaining the kids with a story after Easter Dinner...

One of the fun things that Louise put in the Easter bags...

While we were over on the Island, we went out with our friends Tricia and Justin to celebrate both of their birthdays...

My beautiful sister, Louise...


My cousin Maren and my sister's youngest, Cole...

Easter Bags from Auntie Louise and a load of coloured eggs, waiting to be hidden for the egg hunt!

My cousin Carol and me... photo taken by Scott (6 yrs old!)

The kids were sure that Papa (and someone even mentioned Uncle Angus) could fix this old wreck!

Louise with her oldest - Ethan, and my youngest - Elise...

My Granny along with all the kids... Uncle Angus got thrown in the mix for kid control!

Granny when she first walked into the sitting room... she laughed (yes, "out loud!") when she saw us all sitting there, and she said she didn't think she could name everyone, but she did pretty well!

The kids called this "Grammie's Café!" They lined up small tables and kid chairs all down the hallway, and placed their orders for lunch!

Two and a half years ago, we were visiting my sister and family in Saskatchewan, and all the boys (at the time there were 5 boys) got to go into the tub for a bath. Elise was only 2 months old at the time, so she got to hang out with Grammie. Well, there was a picture taken that day that I framed and have hanging in our kids' bathroom upstairs. Every time Elise sees it, she comments that she didn't get to be in the picture, then adds, "neither did Cole because he wasn't born yet." So, I really wanted to get a picture of these 2 in the tub to add to our wall in the bathroom. Elise was so happy that she gets to have a bath picture on the bathroom wall!

We also got our family pictures (all 14 of us!) taken by a local photographer in Victoria... but I have to wait for the pics, so I'll be sure to post some of those once we get them! I can't wait... she said 2 weeks... don't know if I can wait that long!!

1 comment:

Katie and Scott said...

Great update, Sarah. Looks like good fun. Good to see Uncle Angus too -- hope everyone is well.

The parents come tomorrow for a visit - looking forward to it.