Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Chowder 'n Biscuits

Last night Steve said, "I feel like chowder 'n biscuits - I'll make the chowder if you make the biscuits!" What a deal! I can make biscuits, no problem.

Then, I couldn't find my recipe. Should have it in my head, but it's not there. Happened to be on the phone with my sister at the time, so she pulled out her recipe and I quickly jotted it down. It's a good one, too! I'll be making these again.

Biscuit recipe is below... seafood chowder recipe is a secret :) (only because I don't know what Steve did... but I assure you that it was DELICIOUS!)



Cheesy Dill Biscuits

1 Cup shredded cheddar
1 1/3 Cups flour
1 TBS baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBS white sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp dill weed (I used an epicure dill mix that I had on hand)
1 egg slightly beaten
2 TBS oil
3/4 Cup milk

Do the dry ingredients together, wet together, then both together... bake at 375 for 15 - 20 minutes. Makes 12 in a muffin pan.

My sister recommended that I double the recipe... good plan! The kids LOVED them, and we polished off the lonely few leftovers for breakfast this morning. The only thing I will change is I don't think I'll use muffin papers again... just lightly grease the pan instead. It was hard to get them out of the papers. I don't know if that's because of something I did, or what, but I'd rather wash muffin pans than struggle with muffin papers. The ones this morning came out of the papers fine, so maybe they just needed to completely cool - but really, who wants to let fresh biscuits COOL before eating them? Yep, that settles it... I will not use papers next time.

3 comments:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Thanks for the recipe, Sarah!! Your biscuits look delicious. I can see it now.... "Sarah's Gourmet Food Blog"!!.

Louise said...

THat's what I do - just spray pan!

Christy Gillespie said...

yummy!